With over forty years’ experience in the music industry, Steve Lewis Services offers in-depth knowledge and expertise as well as a raft of international contacts, to clients and partners who require:
- Strategic planning and advice for music and media related tech companies
- Guidance on media banking, corporate finance as well as private equity contacts and specialist know-how.
- Non-Executive Director in media-related businesses
- Advice and assistance in all aspects of music management from structuring and negotiating publishing and recording contracts, through to production, artist management, agreements, etc.
- High level project management
- Supervision of all music-related litigation
- An expert witness; experienced in assisting and instructing solicitors, writing detailed reports and testifying in court.
Music has been a constant passion throughout my life. I’ve worked in all areas of the music industry including retail, artist management, record labels and music publishing and sat on almost all the music industry organisation boards including the BPI, MPA, PRS, MCPS and AIM. I remain active in music publishing.
Technology always has and continues to affect how music is made, distributed, marketed, promoted and consumed. I’ve collected vinyl all my life. I enjoy the sound quality, the artwork and being a collector but life is improved by also having 45 million songs on my phone that I can listen to anytime, anywhere I want.
A new music industry ecosystem is emerging, bringing with it an exciting range of possibilities, removing or reducing barriers to entry for creators and improving the experience of music lovers. I advise tech companies on strategy and the complex world of music rights and find nothing more exciting than working with young entrepreneurs and creators to realise their own potential and that of their work.